We are committed to complying with Australian Privacy laws and the Spam Act.
Primarily, we use personal information for the provision of our services which enables our customers to hire their plant and equipment to users in the mining and construction industries. Not all of the information collected and held by us will be personal information. The majority of the information we source from third parties does not reveal a person’s identity.
This policy applies to Felix, as set out below.
We collect personal information to enable us to provide our services. We also collect a broad range of non-personal information. Some of the information we collect includes:
- information about your use of this website (including browser statistics, IP Address);
- information that you provide for the purpose of registering with the website;
- information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the website services, such as: name, contact information, company
Accuracy and Completeness
We are committed to providing accurate and complete information. If you become aware that any information in our materials is inaccurate or incomplete, then please notify us (with as much detail as possible) and we will use our best efforts to verify that information and correct or update the information in our Website.
Our contact details to provide corrected or updated information are firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you provide data to us which includes personal information of another, you must first obtain consent from that person. By providing that information to us, you represent that you have obtained such consent.
We collect information on our own behalf and on behalf of others. Where we collect information on behalf of others, we require that they comply with Australian privacy laws.
We may engage third parties to provide services to us, which may include collecting and processing personal information on our behalf. We require that such third parties comply with Australian privacy laws.
Use and Disclosure
To the extent that Felix obtains your personal information, it may use it to:
- provide products and services to you
- verify your identity
- provide you with news and information, as well as promote and market products, services and special offers made available by us, our related companies and third parties (unless you ask us not to)
- generate records and reports based on your use of our services
- enable your access to and use of the website services;
- conduct research about our products and services
- develop products and services
- respond to any specific request you make of us
- prevent or investigate any fraud or crime (or a suspected fraud or crime)
- audit and monitor the services we provide
- send you marketing communications.
We may disclose information about you to:
- your authorised representatives and agents
- our agents, contractors and third-party service providers to enable them to provide administrative and other services for or to us
- our customers and subscribers as part of a product or service offered by us
- third parties to enable them to provide you with news and information and to promote and market products, services and special offers (unless you ask us not to)
- others where the disclosure is required by law, for example, to government agencies and regulatory bodies as part of our statutory obligations, or for law enforcement purposes
- an organisation that acquires all or part of our assets or businesses.
We may also use or disclose information about you where we have obtained your consent, or where we have obtained the information from another party for a specified purpose, or as required by relevant laws, statutes, regulations, codes and external payment systems.
Where you provide information to us, you consent to use and disclosure of that information in accordance with this Policy.
Where you have access to the personal information of someone else by virtue of the products and or services we supply you, your use of this information must be in accordance with the rules are contained in the terms and conditions of your contract with us, which may be amended from time to time.
When we provide personal information to our customers and subscribers as part of a product or service offered by us, we require them to comply with the Privacy Act.
We are committed to ensuring the security of our website, and we incorporate security practices and procedures which we consider are consistent with Australian industry standards. Felix will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Each time you visit our website, web servers may collect certain information including your IP address, the date, time and duration of your visit and the pages, documents and services accessed. We use these non-personalised statistics about the use of our website to continually improve our websites and customer service.
We may also use (and may engage third parties to use) this information to help improve and tailor our Website, and to select advertisements that may be displayed to you on our Website.
Our Website may contain links to the websites of third parties. If you access those third-party websites, they may collect information about you. You will need to contact them to ascertain their privacy standards. We are not responsible for the conduct of the operators of third-party websites.
- determine whether you have previously accessed our Website
- identify the pages you have accessed
- aid in the security of your use of our Felix Website
- aid in the log-in process
- facilitate administration of the Felix Website.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies but you may configure your browser not to accept them. If you set your browser to reject cookies you may not be able to make full use of our websites.
We cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted over the internet. We recommend that you take all necessary precautions to protect your personal information while you are online, including installing appropriate operating system updates, browser updates, virus protection software and firewall software.
Credit card details
If you provide us with your credit card details for payment of products and services, we will only use that information for the purpose of processing your payment, which includes disclosing the information to our third-party credit card gateway provider. Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website will be protected by encryption technology.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information about you that we collect, use or disclose is accurate.
If you have submitted details about yourself to us, you may request access to or a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. Before providing you with access to the personal information that we hold about you, we may require that you first provide us with documentary evidence verifying your identity. Subject to us being satisfied with such verifying documents, we will only refuse a request for access to personal information when permitted by law (including the National Privacy Principles) and, in the unlikely event that this occurs, will give a written explanation for our decision. If you would like to request access to the information we hold about you, please contact our Privacy Officer (contact details below).
If, at any time, you do not wish to receive marketing correspondence or email newsletters from us, please use the “unsubscribe” form provided or advise our Privacy Officer, and we will cease future correspondence and, if requested, remove your personal information from our marketing database.
We will only collect sensitive information about you with your consent (unless we are otherwise allowed or required by law to collect that information). The Privacy Act defines the expression “Sensitive information’. It includes information about your health, your race or ethnic origin and religious beliefs.